Tuesday, July 12, 2011

brass monkey

"Brass Monkey" Beastie Boys.

in class. in-between steps?

Sorry I haven't posted in a while; this has been an extremely crazy week.  I already had a great apartment, but we lost it due to some "complications" (lets just leave it at that), so I've spent the past three days searching for everything and anything in Pittsburgh, and wow my eyes hurt from so much computer-work!  Anyways it will work out as it should (even though I've had so many anxiety attacks these past few days).

Update:  It's Week 3!! Only two more weeks to go until I'm home for another mini-vacation before leaving home yet again.  The intensive is very uhmm.... intense.  That's the only way to put it.  We're doing excerpts from  "Etudes" for our showcase (if you know anything about this piece, you'd know how crazy it is).




I'm doing the "Three Little Pigs" part with the crazy petit allegro that's super fast as well as the black tutus.  But I love it, it's actually really fun and challenging.  The only problem I foresee is that I don't know how we're going to be able to fit this in the performance studio (especially crossing sides since there is a foot of wing space and 25 girls in tutus).



Last week we learned the Laurencia variation.  It was so much fun especially since I'm a jumper.  Check out Osipova doing it.  And here are some pics from the same variation class:

Laurencia variation

Laurencia variation




And today we learned Balanchine's Sylvia variation which I also loved!


Right now I'm icing, and hoping my achilles will shape up for tomorrow's rehearsals.  My back was alright today (lets hope that doesn't change).  Good night all!

P.S.   RIP  Roland Petit. amazing dancer and choreographer.

3 comments:

pav said...

jesus i missed commenting on everything.
okay. so. LOVE the photos. you look beautiful, as always. etudes look impossible. that's why i'm not dancing anymore :)
btw: your class in leotard is lookin' good. major love. the photo were you are "between steps" is so classic. i love it. it's pure balletic beauty in a photo.
oh and the laurencia variation is awesome.

Izi said...

Beautiful Pics, Rachel!

Unknown said...

aw, sorry about the apartment love. have u tried zillow.com? it's the best- ps gorg ballet pic as usual. ;)

moonstruck exposé

x. juliana