Sunday, February 19, 2012

"it's all over now" RACHEL WANTS

"it's all over now" the rolling stones

Drum roll please....... durururududururududuurrr

fashion post yay!

I have spent the past week putting together a post of 10 amazing things.  check em' out.

1. velvet
 Yes, velvet.  Every little girl's xmas dress fabric.  I am especially obsessed with velvet LEGGINGS and shoes.  Winter is not over.  And it definitely won't end anytime soon in Pittsburgh.  Alors maintenant, il est parfait!  yay I remember some French. go me!






2. head scarf
 It's definitely no secret that I love Natalia Makarova.  She does a helluva an ODETTE (almost up to Plisetskaya's par I must say) and has some of the most astonishing technique and care of movement.  But she also has an amazing wardrobe of head scarves.  Almost every video I've ever seen her rehearsing in, she's wearing one.  And they're never the same.  How does she make it look so non-babushka?  And non-Jackie Kennedy Onassis?  And non-pirate? Next to shoes, scarves are my favorite clothing to buy, so I'm going to be spending alot of time developing scarf-wrapping techniques.  Yippee for lots of free time!

3. that punky-colored-hair-strip
I just spent like ten minutes looking for the perfect example.  Unfortunately nothing has come of it.   Uhmmm. so close your eyes and imagine (well don't close them yet, read first!).  Pretend your going to itch the skin right behind your ear but keep going back.  I want to dye a little strip of hair a bluish-green color. Just because I CAN.  No one can tell me not to. mwahahahaha!!!
I did come across this.  And just had to share with you guys.  God bless those with this hair style.    God bless.
4. those sexy pussy-kitten winged eyes
It's no secret winged eyes are "in".  So why don't ya grab that eye liner and paint yo face?
Of course, every dancer will tell you that the "winged eye-liner" began with Suzanne Farrell.

 5. UNIQLO winter coat
UNIQLO is an awesome Japanese casual clothing store.  I checked it out when I was in the city this past winter.  It's a very cool store.  It is definitely very very casual and essential.  They have very basic lines with many many many different colors to choose from.  Their #1 item that was literally on every single mannequin was their light-weight winter coat.  Stupid me, I didn't take advantage of their 50% sale.... oh well.
Just one example.  They had many other shapes and colors.
6. urban outfitters men's boots
I don't think it's necessary to explain any further... I don't care if they're for men.  Rachel wants.
$285. yeahhhhh buddy
7. long-pleated skirt
I'm seeing this all over LA fashion bloggersWho says it can't come to the east coast?  
$62, american apparel
 8. bedazzler
You'd be crazy if you said you didn't want one.  Don't even try to lie.  Every girl (and some boys) want it.  Just imagine.  Bedazzled shoes, belts, blazers, hairbands, skirts, gloves, YOU NAME IT.
 9. pashmina scarf
I just bought one =]  They're awesome because you can wear them in soooo many ways.  Around your neck, around your head AND neck (my personal favorite babushka style), skirt, shawl, and so much more!  They come in beautiful colors and really unique designs.  I say it's a must.
 10. leotard/bodysuit
I'm honestly still trying to figure out this one.  I wear a leotard everyday, so why would I want to wear one outside of the studio?  If anyone knows, please explain.  There must be a reason why companies are selling them (hem hem american apparel).
 

No comments: