Thursday, August 18, 2011

silly rabbit, trix are for kids.

Looked dead, didn't I? Well, I wasn't. Actually, Bill's last bullet put me in a coma, a coma I was to lie in for four years. When I woke up, I went on what the movie advertisements referred to as a roaring rampage of revenge. I roared and I rampaged and I got bloody satisfaction. I've killed a hell of a lot of people to get to this point. But I have only one more. The last one, the one I'm driving to right now. The only one left. And when I arrive at my destination, I am gonna kill Bill.

That's right.KILL BILL

If you haven't already read my blog, you should know that I am obsessed with Quentin Tarantino films.  That being said, I can say that last week was all about Kill Bill Volumes 1&2.  Cannot even stress how obsessed I am right now.  I downloaded both soundtracks.  Been listening to them night and day...  My friend was researching Pai Mei Halloween costumes (for herself.  I'm still doing Mia Wallace myself).

How kick-ass is Uma Thurman?  She did many of her stunts (although Zoe Bell did more of the difficult ones).  She managed to do all that fighting with those ridiculously straight-bangs the whole time!  That is skill, my friends. 

It is very difficult to explain my most favorite scenes from the two films, but I will try to limit myself.  Note these aren't in any specific order other than my memory.

1. The Origin of O-Ren Ishii.  What better way to story-tell Oren's childhood than through anime?  My favorite part is when she gets her revenge on Master Matsumoto.  "Lucky for her, Master Matsumoto was a petaphile."



2. Senor Esteban Vihalo.  Forgive me, this scene is a bit extensive, but I thought the car was super-sexy, so it couldn't be left out.  FUN FACT I learned is that Michael Parks played not only the policeman in the beginning, but also Esteban!  Last-minute he filled in for some other guy who couldn't make the filming. 
- "I heard you were driving a truck?"
- "My pussy wagon died on me."

- "Where is Beel' ?"

as Esteban
as the officer
3. The Story of Gogo Yubari.  Not much to explain here.

4. The Bride vs. Gogo and the Crazy-88's. First off, how cool is it when Gogo bleeds through her eyes?!!  maybe I'm just too sinical, but I think it's awesome.  Another cool FUN FACT, is the leader of the Crazy-88's is also the actor for Pai Mei in Vol. 2!!  This truly is one of the best fight scenes ever.  How epic?



5. Pai Mei.  THOSE EYEBROWS.  He reminds me of some past ballet training.  I think most ballerinas could handle Pai Mei.  It's not like he's calling her fat or anything.  Yet another FUN FACT, Pai Mei's character is quite repetitive in old kung-fu movies.



6. Elle Driver's Black Mamba.  Cannot find this on youtube, but nothing beats the fact that Elle actually writes down the information she reads to Budd as he is dying on the floor with a million dollars around him.

"The venom of a black mamba can kill a human in four hours, if, say, bitten on the ankle or the thumb. However, a bite to the face or torso can bring death from paralysis within 20 minutes. Now, you should listen to this, 'cause this concerns you. The amount of venom that can be delivered from a single bite can be gargantuan. You know, I've always liked that word... "gargantuan"... so rarely have an opportunity to use it in a sentence. If not treated quickly with antivenom, 10 to 15 milligrams can be fatal to human beings. However, the black mamba can deliver as much as 100 to 400 milligrams of venom from a single bite."

  If I haven't already lost your interest, at least check out the soundtracks.  They really are awesome.

Malaguena Salerosa

Flowers of Carnage.  The artist is Meiko Kaji who actually created the Japanese music genre "modern enka" in 1969.  It's a mix of traditional Japanese music.

About Her by Malcolm Mclaren.  Cool

I'm going to stop posting links because I really like every song on the soundtracks.

So please, if you haven't, check out this amazing spaghetti-western/japanese Tarantino film.  It's got dialogue, action, music, and just pure genius-ness.

No comments: