Monday, May 3, 2010

end of the year

I am getting way too excited, WAY TO FAST. I have exactly 31 days until I leave for home! I miss my family so much!!

Anyways, our spring show here includes the following:
Sleeping Beauty: Rose Adage, Jewels, Ladies of the Court, Garlands
Le Corsaire: Greek Dance
Les Patineurs
Manticides (Mark Godden choreography)

Because of my foot I am only rehearsing Garland Waltz. Hopefully my foot will be better in four weeks so that I can do Greek Dance. But we'll see. Right now my priority is getting my foot and back completely healed for the summer (I'm going to Pittsburgh Ballet Theatre's Pre-Professional Summer Intensive).

Talking about SI's (summer intensives), I wonder what PBT will be like. I know it's not strictly Vaganova like my schooling, but it's not Balanchine either. I really enjoyed the audition class, so hopefully that will be similar to the summer program style. One thing I do not like is that we will be having different teachers everyday.

I have already been accepted into their year-round program, so if I like it there maybe I'll go.

And speaking about next year, there will be a Pink Floyd 'The Wall' concert tour! If I go back to my current boarding school, I cannot go, but if I go to PBT, I can. So there's a positive.

I had another breakdown in class today. It seems to be getting more frequent. I am just very upset about my foot. My PT (physical therapist) said that I keep rolling in on my feet because my ligaments are really stretched (which is extremely bad). So I'm working on strengthening, but it's hard because I also have achilles tendonitis. So it's a win-lose situation. I need to strengthen, but then if I strengthen by achilles gets to tight the next couple of days....

Anyone have any suggestions (and please anything but IB profin because that is my only best friend right now).

So that is it for now, I am going to practice guitar and study Italian. Possibly watch LOST with some friends and read A Clockwork Orange.

Goodnight anyone reading this!!!!

No comments: