Wednesday, September 14, 2011

gothic city

The Pittsburgh (aka Gothic City for any Batman fans).

Today my internet was installed! Yay!  I'm almost all settled in my apartment, and I've been cooking, cleaning, laundering.  This is our second week of classes, and I can't even describe how sore I am.  C'est la vie, non?

I've had the chance to visit more places in Pittsburgh.  Last weekend I went Downtown and  the Strip.  There is an amazing street market every weekend with lots of interesting stores and foods.  I also witnessed the craziness of Steelers' fans.  All of Pittsburgh, it seems, is obsessed with the Steelers.  Saturday, the day before the Steelers/Ravens game, the market was crowded with Steelers' memorabilia.

I also got to watch my first Steelers game!  I must admit, I truly do not like American football (I prefer REAL football), but it was 'somewhat' entertaining.  To live in Pittsburgh is to be a Steelers fan, so I will at least try to watch some games.

Onto ballet!!!  Our day begins super early at the ripe hour of eight o'clock.  The schedule changes all the time, but we usually have technique first.  We also have pilates, pointe, partnering, jazz, modern, and of course rehearsals.  We've started learning Waltz of the Flowers (oh the joy of Nutcracker season) as well as a contemporary piece being performed early October.

Pittsburgh Ballet Theatre is doing Peter Pan, Nutcracker, Uncommon, A Streetcar Named Desire, and Coppelia.  I'm excited to be seeing all the hard work the company goes through before putting these pieces on stage, and I hope that I can be a part of it.

I promise to write more interesting posts once I get more settled. Promise!

No comments: