Thursday, December 16, 2010

Nutcracker season COMPLETE!

Backstage; Arabian and Chinese

Classical Divert.

Wow, what a hectic season! We finished our holiday performances last weekend. Our program included "Classical Divertissements" which included music and choreography from Sleeping Beauty, Fairy Doll Pas de Trois, Don Quixote, and Grand Pas Classique. There was also a modern choreography piece, and a character piece entitled "Hopak". Unfortunately, ue to injury I was taken out of Classical Divertissements.

The second half of the show was our school's traditional Nutcracker Act II. Luckily I was able to still participate because I got a cortisone injection in my left ankle. I did the part of Arabian, and WOW my hips are still sore! The performances were so much fun, and I am so happy to have been able to perform for young children. I hope that we have inspired these kids to get involved in the arts.

Anyways, I am now at the West Palm Airport, awaiting my flight back home. I have not seen my family for 124 days now, and I cannot wait for the moment when I see my mom waiting for me at the airport home.

Please enjoy some of these pictures I took backstage through the wings and the dressing room
Classical Divert.Modern Piece

1 comment:

Izi said...

So nice to see some pictures from the concert!